We can help UK businesses access European funding for bio-based innovation through our membership of the Bio-based Industries Consortium (BIC).
BIC is a non-profit organisation which represents the private sector in the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) known as the Bio-based Industries Joint Undertaking (BBI JU). The European Commission is the public partner and together they aim to invest € 3.7 billion in bio-based innovation between 2014 and 2020. The successor to BBI JU will be launched in 2021 as the Circular Biobased Europe Joint undertaking (CBE JU) with an expanded focus on agricultural production and the societal impacts of the bioeconomy.
We are a full member of BIC which gives us a voice to represent UK small to medium-sized businesses (SMEs). Through our membership we can:
- give our SMEs a head-start on crucial consortium building
- help to shape which topics should be funded next by BBI JU
- connect and strengthen international bioeconomy relationships
- advocate for UK SMEs and influence BBI JU vision and strategy
- access BBI JU grant calls and bioeconomy reports in advance of the public
- provide tickets for our SMEs to attend BIC networking and consortium building events
If you are an innovation-driven UK SME interested in BBI JU H2020 projects and European industry networking opportunities, contact us to discuss mandating BioVale to represent you at BIC.