If your bio-based company is based in the Yorkshire and Humber region, we can help you access regional business support.
- City of York Council’s Economic Growth team provides a free service designed to provide the practical help and assistance needed to make a smooth transition into the city, for example access to funding, commercial property searches, skills/recruitment support, networking and dedicated aftercare. BioVale has teamed up with the Economic Growth team to showcase what regional support is available for your bio-based business to flourish and grow in our region. View the PDF.
- The Biorenewables Development Centre Co-located with BioVale, the BDC’s open-access, scale-up facilities offer a broad variety of services. Plus, eligible SMEs can apply for pre-funded, business assist projects worth around £1000.
- Product and Process Innovation (PAPI) offers SMEs in York, North Yorkshire, East Riding and Leeds City Region a 40% grant for equipment that enables innovation (up to a maximum grant value of £20k).
- The SparkFund supports the improvement or development of new products, services or processes through three grant schemes; Low Carbon grants for R&D, Grants for R&D and Innovation Vouchers. Eligible SMEs can combine these to create maximum impact in their business.
- Leeds City Region* Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) offers SME funding for research and development, information on protecting your intellectual property and design leadership coaching.
- Ad-Venture offers funded support to businesses trading less than 36 months – a tailored mix of practical advice, coaching, outcome focused events, academic support and access to finance, including low rate loans and a match funded growth grant of up to £25,000.
- Leeds City Region* Supply Chain provides strategic supply chain support to SMEs in the manufacturing sector and associated services in the Leeds City Region*.
- REBiz gives funding and support for businesses in the Leeds City Region* to save money, resources and carbon.
- York Science Park is offering new companies the chance of a year’s free space in their custom-designed start-up hub with connectivity, meeting spaces, business support sessions and expert advice.
- Grow Yorkshire supports farming and food business across the Yorkshire region seeking innovation and greater profitability by signposting them to the extensive resources available
- The Supply Chain Network has been created to help share intelligence and assist in making business opportunities visible. Join its Supplier Directory, a central hub for regional suppliers.
*The Leeds City Region includes Harrogate, Bradford, York and other areas.
Contact us for help in finding the right support for your bio-based ambitions.
What we do
- Business support
- Supported by BioVale