By becoming a member of BioVale, you accept the terms and conditions laid out below and agree to always act in accordance with them. You also agree to support BioVale’s mission to build on Yorkshire and the Humber’s world-class strengths in the bioeconomy and establish it as an internationally recognised centre for bio-based innovation, focusing on renewable raw materials and agricultural technology. If you have any concerns about membership terms and conditions please contact BioVale before completing your membership registration.
BioVale: an Innovation Cluster Organisation focused on the bioeconomy in Yorkshire and the Humber.
BioVale Ltd: a not for profit company limited by guarantee which constitutes the legal entity for the BioVale Innovation Cluster Organisation to conduct business.
BioVale executive team: BioVale executive team comprises the BioVale Director, the CEO of BioVale Ltd, the Head of Communications, the BioVale Project Manager the Marketing and Business Engagement Manager, the BioVale Administrator and the THYME Operations Director.
The website: The BioVale website.
1. How to become a member of BioVale
You can apply to become a member by completing the online membership form available on this website. You are required to complete all fields marked as ‘essential’ and you may choose to provide additional information and opt in to sharing your details with other BioVale members in the searchable directory of members and listing your company name on the public pages of the BioVale website. BioVale Ltd reserves the right to refuse membership and is not obliged to disclose the reasons for refusal. Once your registration has been accepted, you will be able to amend and update your profile by logging in to the website and making the required changes. If you wish to terminate your membership you should contact the BioVale Administrator and ask for your personal information to be deleted from the searchable directory of members. If the email address you provide during the registration process becomes invalid and emails sent to you by the BioVale Administrator result in a Delivery Notification Status (failure) response, your membership will be considered to have lapsed and your details will be deleted from the searchable directory of members. In choosing to submit your personal data, you understand and agree that this data will be:
- stored by BioVale Ltd and the web hosting company on secure servers.
- used by the BioVale executive team to send you the BioVale newsletter and keep you up to date by email with relevant BioVale activities and opportunities.
- will be made available to other BioVale members in the membership directory (name, affiliation, job title, email, sectors of interest and profile) for the purpose of enabling innovation across the bioeconomy (provided you have ticked the box on the application form opting in to this service).
- kept whilst you are a member or as long as necessary for member administration.
- processed in accordance with the University of York’s data protection and information security policies.
2. Your interactions with other BioVale members
As a member of BioVale, you will be able to search other members’ profiles with a view to exchanging ideas and establishing innovation collaborations. You will also be able to access copies of slides presented at BioVale workshops and events. In becoming a member of BioVale you understand and agree that:
- any material displayed on the website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
- your use of the website and its contents is at your own risk.
- BioVale Ltd is not liable for losses resulting from your decision to engage in discussions with other BioVale members.
- content provided in the website secure area is made available to BioVale members only and should not be passed to third parties.
- you must not share your unique login details with any other person and you must take immediate steps to change your login details if you suspect that another person is using them to gain access to the secure area.
- you have been given access to other BioVale members’ details for the single purpose of enabling innovation across the bioeconomy.
- you do not have permission to use contact details obtained from the members’ directory to send unsolicited emails for the purpose of direct marketing.
- you are responsible for ensuring that the information stored in your profile is up to date.
- content shared through the website secure area will be subject to copyright.
- you will not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded and you must not use any illustrations, photographs or graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- you will acknowledge the source of any material downloaded or printed from the BioVale website.
3. Uploading content to the secure area of the website
As a member of BioVale, you may ask the BioVale Administrator to upload relevant content such as advertisements about jobs, events or other opportunities to the members’ secure area of the website on your behalf. In becoming a member you understand and agree that:
- access to the website is permitted on a temporary basis and BioVale Ltd reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or amend this facility without notice.
- we will not be liable if for any reason the website is unavailable at any time.
- postings made in the website secure area should be treated as confidential and must not be passed to non-members.
- you are solely responsible for any information you choose to provide for upload and BioVale Ltd will not be liable for such activities.
- BioVale Ltd reserves the right to refuse to publish information deemed unsuitable for the BioVale cluster.
you will not use any BioVale resources for any purposes which are unlawful or harmful.
- in the event that you provide content for the website such content will not be used for the transmission, uploading or posting of any computer viruses or any other harmful or deleterious files or programs.
- you will not provide for upload any material which is defamatory, offensive, racist, vulgar, libellous or of an obscene or menacing character, or in such a way as to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- before providing material for upload to the website, you will ensure that you have the full and unrestricted right to copy and distribute such materials.
- anything you choose to share will be accessible for all BioVale members.
- BioVale Ltd shall have no liability whatsoever to you arising from any disclosure of information it is required to make under law.
4. Attending BioVale events
As a BioVale member you will have the right to apply to attend BioVale workshops and events.
In becoming a member you understand and agree that:
- submission of an application to attend an event does not constitute confirmation that a place has been awarded to you.
- in the event that you are successful in your application to attend a BioVale event, you will receive a confirmatory email upon the award of your place followed by full attendance details.
- BioVale Ltd will not be held liable for any costs incurred by you prior to a confirmed place being awarded.
- BioVale Ltd will not be held liable for costs incurred due to circumstances outside of our control, such as transport delays or late changes in venue availability.
- BioVale events will usually be free to attend.
- Attendees will be responsible for any travel and subsistence costs incurred up to the point of their arrival at the event venue and for their return journey at the end of the event.
5. Updates to terms and conditions
BioVale Ltd may revise these terms and conditions of membership at any time. We will post a notification of any changes we make on the website and notify you by email. You will have the option to terminate your membership if you do not agree with future changes to terms and conditions.
6. Governing law and dispute resolution
These terms and conditions are governed by, and to be construed in accordance with, English Law. The English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute which has arisen or may arise out of, or in connection with, these terms and conditions.
BioVale Ltd reserves the right to revoke the membership of any member not adhering to these terms and conditions.