Date: 3rd–8th June
Time: All day
Price: Free of charge to successful applicants
Address: Easingwold, North Yorkshire, UK
Apply now for €7000 worth of fully funded, specialist training for your business.
New, high-growth, bio-based businesses can benefit from an intensive, week-long course giving them the tools they need to commercialise their idea and their company. Includes follow-on coaching for a year after the workshop. This event is part of the EU-funded project BioBase4SME and builds on last year’s successful Biocamp.
- 1-1 mentoring sessions with successful business leaders and investors
- masterclasses from experts in finance, regulation, risk and opportunity
- live pitch to a panel of specialist investors, active in the sector
- peer-to-peer learning and networking with bio-based companies from across NW Europe
Find out how last year’s participants got on:
What you will learn:
- how to analyse your value proposition and develop your business model
- identifying and securing your customers and other people you need to grow
- how to address operations, intellectual property and risk management
- communicating effectively with your investors, customers and suppliers
What is included:
- all course materials
- all teaching, lecturing and mentoring
- investor pitch opportunity
- accommodation and catering at Hawkhills House in the Yorkshire countryside
- social programme to encourage networking
Who the course is for:
New, innovative companies and start-ups working in the bioeconomy which are based in the Interreg North West Europe area: http://www.nweurope.eu/about-the-programme/the-nwe-area/.
Overview of the training programme
Each session will start with a lecture from an expert in a key aspect of business growth followed by a group exercise mediated by an experienced facilitator. You will then apply the learning from the session to your own company. Complementing this core activity will be a programme of keynote speakers on different aspects of commercial endeavour in the bioeconomy, interactive games to learn networking skills and control of cash flow, and individual mentoring sessions with experienced business leaders. The final day of the training will involve a pitch to a panel of specialist investors who will not only give you valuable feedback but may invest in your company.
How to apply:
Please download an application from the resources block at the bottom of this page and return your completed from and your CV to email@example.com. For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1904328045. The deadline for applications is Friday 20 April 2018, but it would be helpful if you register your interest now by emailing email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed by the project committee by Friday 27 April. For more information on the project selection criteria and procedure go to http://www.nweurope.eu/media/1742/evaluationcriteriaforattendingtheinnovationbiocamps.pdf.