We want to build on Yorkshire and the Humber’s world-class strengths in the bioeconomy and establish it as an internationally recognised centre for bio-based innovation, focusing on renewable raw materials and agricultural technology. In this way, we aim to stimulate sustainable economic growth and encourage inward investment.
Who we are
BioVale is a not-for-profit company, supported and steered by regional industry, research organisations, higher education and government. Membership of BioVale provides a range of benefits and is currently free of charge.
Our focus areas
We prioritise those areas of regional strength with the greatest opportunity for economic and environmental benefits:
- value from biowastes and by-products of agri-food supply chains,
- high-value chemicals and advanced fuels from plants and microbes,
- smart collaboration between agri-tech and industrial biotech.
What we do
We provide the support needed to build the region’s capability and reputation as an innovation cluster for the bioeconomy and ensure that it fully exploits new business opportunities in this sector. The interventions needed have been identified through extensive consultation with the region’s bioeconomy stakeholders.
- We give regional businesses access to the latest bioeconomy research and expertise and help to provide them with specialised training, facilities, funding and other support.
- We facilitate networking, dialogue and partnerships amongst the region’s bio-based innovators and their supply chains.
- We promote the region’s bioeconomy assets to export markets, investors, policy makers, and funders.
- We support the developing agri-tech innovation cluster at the National Agri-food Innovation Campus.