The bioeconomy offers a multi-billion pound, global business opportunity for Yorkshire and Humber businesses. It is worth around €2 trillion in Europe alone and is growing rapidly worldwide. For example, the global market for renewable chemicals, estimated at $57 billion in 2015, is forecast to rise to $83 billion by 2018. In Yorkshire, the bioeconomy was worth an estimated £18 billion in 2014, and rising. BioVale can help your business benefit from this expanding bioeconomy.
Valuable business opportunities are being created in the rapidly growing bioeconomy through: new markets; reduced waste disposal costs; new income streams from co-products and waste; reduced energy costs; improved sustainability; and increased competitiveness.
These opportunities are arising in sectors, such as agriculture, aquaculture, anaerobic digestion, chemicals, construction, energy, food and drink, forestry, horticulture, materials, personal care and pharmaceuticals, as well as the professional services that support them. BioVale supports all aspects of the bioeconomy sector. Through us, you can:
- access the latest Yorkshire research and world-class expertise in the bioeconomy.
- engage in networking and dialogue with others working in this area, through our events and our Special Interest Groups
- build partnerships and collaborations with bio-based innovators and their supply chains.
- find funding for your R & D.
- have your bio-based business promoted to investors.
- find overseas markets for your products and services.
- get training specially designed for the bioeconomy workforce.
- use our help to locate in the area or find specialised facilities here.