How your business can find value from food waste streams
Date: 2nd September
In this free webinar you are invited to explore how your business can find new income streams, cut costs and improve your green credentials by creating value from your food ‘waste’ streams.
A recent report found that £300,000 tonnes of food manufacturing waste is discarded in Yorkshire and the Humber each year, however by reframing/rethinking waste as a resource and with better management and new technologies much of it could be used to make alternative or high value products. Hear from those who have successfully turned waste into value and from those who can offer funded support to help regional businesses to do the same.
This event is aimed at small and medium-sized businesses involved in food and drink production and processing, -including brewers, fruit preservers and farm shops.
Organised by BioVale and the York and North Yorkshire Enterprise Partnership as part of the Circular Yorkshire Initiative.
- Elspeth Bartlett, Head of Communications, BioVale – Welcome and Introductions
- George May, CCO, bio-bean Ltd – Transforming spent coffee grounds into sustainable products.
- Helen Shiels, Business development Manager, Biorenewables Development Centre- Examples and opportunities for valorising food manufacturing byproducts
- Steven Ogden, Director, Green Gain- The Rebiz Programme – Using funded circular economy support to add value to food waste
- Laura Su, UK Business Director, Swift Comply- Support for the food sector to find value from fats, oil and greases
- Katie Thomas, York and North Yorkshire Local Economic Partnership – Co-creating a Circular Yorkshire: the transformation to a carbon-negative, circular region