Special Interest Group on Value from Unavoidable Food Waste
Joining Biovale’s Special Interest Group (SIG) will connect you to this important regional sector. Membership is suitable for food manufacturers, food retailers, technology providers and policy makers. Join this group to:
- Share best practice.
- Develop your knowledge in specialist areas.
- Develop new value chains based on unavoidable food waste.
- Discuss important local developments and issues.
- Help promote regional expertise and assets.
- Access a new food mapping report; showcasing innovation opportunities to add value to unavoidable food manufacturing waste in Yorkshire and the Humber.
- Access a new interactive map on food processing waste and the key food waste generators in Yorkshire and the Humber.
Yorkshire and the Humber:
- Is the UK’s biggest food producer, with more than 15,000 companies in this sector
- Includes nationally unique, open access, pilot-scale facilities to help companies realise the potential of food waste as a source of valuable chemicals
- Has a thriving and innovative anaerobic digestion sector using innovation to get energy from food waste streams
Previous events for this group
- Food Waste in Yorkshire: opportunities to add value, 22 March 2018.
- Value from unavoidable food waste breakfast meeting in association with the 2017 Chemistry and Industrial Biotechnology Showcase, 21 September, York.
Find out more about the latest events via our events page.
To join this group, you need to be a BioVale member. Membership of BioVale is easy to apply for online and free of charge.