Job opportunity: Senior Product Development Scientist role at bio-bean Ltd
BioVale member bio-bean are recruiting a full-time Senior Product Development Scientist.
Job Description | Senior Product Development Scientist, bio-bean Limited
Role: Senior Product Development Scientist
Location: bio-bean Limited, Alconbury, travelling to other sites as required.
Dates: Full time, immediate start
About bio-bean Limited
Bio-bean® is an award-winning green energy company that has industrialised the process of recycling spent coffee grounds into Advanced Biofuels. bio-bean is a small, fast growing, energetic company and applicants should be excited about working in as key member of a founder-led team. bio-bean has commercial offices in London, with a processing plant in Cambridgeshire.
You will be a key member of the bio-bean R&D team reporting into the Chief Technology Officer with your focus being the product development and analytical testing of solid biofuels and biochemicals. You will contribute towards all aspects of technical development of products from concept, design, prototyping and all through to production.
· Develop and execute plans and effectively lead internal and external projects
· Carry out formulation development on solid biofuels and coffee oil products
· Design, conduct and lead experiments at Alconbury, supplier and partner facilities
· Manage laboratory facility, source materials and carry out analytical tests
· Support problem solving activities for existing and products in development
Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, pharmaceutical science (or a related discipline)
· 5 years minimum hands on experience in formulation development work
· Work independently and able to manage a few projects
· Experience in project management of product development of consumer products
· Ability to independently design, plan and execute project tasks and scientific research and development is required
· Expert-level with processing and formulation equipment, plant layouts, and concepts/procedures for equipment design and sizing.
· Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
· Must have good knowledge of separation processes and particle mechanics
· Expertise in Analytical method development, validation and stability testing
· Strong desire to work in the waste, recycling and biomass industry
· Expert knowledge of scientific principles, concepts, practices
· Ability to contribute to invention disclosures, patents and publications is desired
· Ability to produce and present technical information to internal and external audiences.
· Proficiency in PC software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
· Full and clean UK Driving License.
To apply, please forward your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com