Value from Unavoidable Food Waste
Date: 21st September
Price: Free of charge
Venue: University of York
Address: Spring Lane Building, University of York, YO10 5DZ
Join us to discuss the opportunities, barriers and latest technologies for extracting high-value products from unavoidable food waste. With the help of a panel of experts from industry, policy and academia, we will be exploring the issues over breakfast:
- learn about the latest technology to convert your waste into a revenue stream
- hear from companies which have successfully converted their waste to value
- discover funding to support innovation projects
- get updated on the latest policy developments
- make new connections with companies, policy makers makers and academics.
Speakers include: Nina Sweet (WRAP), Joe Bennett (Biorenewables Development Centre), Rob Wilson (Toast Ale) and Andy Griffiths (Nestle).
07.30 Networking and coffee on arrival
07.45 Panel discussion with senior representatives from industry, policy and innovation
08.30 Breakfast and networking (tea, coffee and breakfast rolls will be served).
Funding organisations will be available to discuss opportunities for funded projects.
This meeting is the first to be organised by BioVale’s Special Interest Group on Value From Unavoidable Food Waste and is being held in association with the 2017 Chemistry and Industrial Biotechnology Showcase.