Biowaste to value: how can policy makers help?
Date: 18th October
Price: £399 for workshop alone or £299 if attending EFIB.
Venue: SECC, Glasgow
Address: SECC, Exhibition Way, Glasgow G3 8YW
Join this practical workshop to gain in-depth insights around the opportunities and barriers to the use of biowaste as a feedstock for bio-based products. This will also be a chance to contribute to a policy brief, outlining the policy support needed in this area.
This session is organised by BioVale as a pre-conference workshop, associated with the European Forum for Industrial Biotechnology (EFIB2016), with international speakers and sessions on urban organic waste and agricultural by-products.
Who should attend?
- waste management companies looking to add value to their feedstock
- public authorities interested in developing circular economy and using their urban organic waste productively
- policy makers, especially regulators, wishing to understand the state of the art and what is coming next
- chemical companies looking for more sustainable feedstocks
- academics developing technologies that could be used to valorise waste
- agricultural specialists