BioVale at ChemUK 2021 EXPO
BioVale are pleased to announce that they have been invited to the ChemUK 2021 Expo as a headline partner. The Expo is embracing the rise in Green Chemistry supply chains and the growth of new processes and services that are supporting the transition to bio-sourced/bio-based industrial & consumer chemical products. We are looking forward to catching up with old and making new connections at our exhibition stand (K4).
BioVale Keynote Speaker Session: Transitioning to Bio-based Chemicals
15th September, 10.00 – 11.00 am
As the world faces up to the challenges posed by finite resources and carbon emissions, a shift to the bio-based chemicals provides one solution; switching from fossil fuel feedstocks and transitioning to an economy which uses renewable, biological ‘bio-based’ resources.
Speakers & Presentations
- ‘Why go bio-based?’, Dr Mark Gronnow, Process Development Unit Manager, Biorenewables Development Centre (BDC)
- ‘Industrial Biotechnology opportunities to meet the chemical supply chain demands as part of the drive to Netzero by 2050’, Dr Catherine Mort, Knowledge Transfer Manager – Industrial Biotechnololgy, KTN
- ‘Introducing CyreneTM at scale – the sustainable, safe, bio-based solvent that outperforms NMP and other SVHC solvents’, Dr Sarah Hickingbottom, General Manager new product development, Circa Group
BioVale Biobased Chemicals Showcase
Hosted by Anna Zhenova, CEO Green Rose Chemistry & BioVale Member
16th September, 11.00 – 12.00 noon
BioVale & Green Rose are showcasing some of the UK’s leading green and bio-based chemicals sector SME and start-up companies in this ‘flash-talk’ session. The presenters will introduce a diverse and innovative range of products, processes and services that offer greener and more sustainable alternatives for the industry.
Showcase Speakers & presentations
- ‘Raw materials – redesigning basic oil properties for better performance of the finished lubricants’. Natalia Stawniak, CEO and Founder Nuspec Oil
- ‘A case study approach to biodegradable, sustainable solutions for separating one entity from another’. Susan Brench, CEO Starbons
- ‘Bringing Biosurfactants to market’. Ben Dolman, CEO Holiferm
- ‘Developing an innovative biomass fractionation process using low-cost ionic liquids’. Krisztina Kovacs-Schreiner, CEO Lixea
- ‘Introduction to Nova Pangaea Technologies and REFNOVA®’. Neil Hindle, CTO Nova Pangaea
- ‘A revolution in environmentally friendly bio-adhesives’. Xiaobin Zhao, CEO Cambond
- ‘Our vision to be the world leader in Acetone-Butanol-Ethanol ABE fermentation’. Mark Simmers, CEO Celtic Renewables
- ‘Fiberight – the waste refinery’. Dr Dhivya Puri, Head of Research and Development Fiberight
- ‘Bio-Sep: Clean and green separation of low-value wood chips and plant matter into high-value biochemicals.’ Miranda Lindsay-Fynn, Commercial Director Bio-Sep
- Keracol – The foundation of Keracol Limited is sustainability with performance.
Find out more about the businesses that we are showcasing.
15–16 September 2021