BioVale at ChemUK 2021 EXPO
BioVale are pleased to announce that they have been invited to the ChemUK 2021 Expo as a headline partner. The Expo is embracing the rise in Green Chemistry supply chains and the growth of new processes and services that are supporting the transition to bio-sourced/bio-based industrial & consumer chemical products. We are looking forward to catching up with old and making new connections at our exhibition stand (K4).
BioVale Keynote Speaker Session: Transitioning to Bio-based Chemicals
15th September, 10.00 – 11.00 am
As the world faces up to the challenges posed by finite resources and carbon emissions, a shift to the bio-based chemicals provides one solution; switching from fossil fuel feedstocks and transitioning to an economy which uses renewable, biological ‘bio-based’ resources.
Speakers & Presentations
- ‘Why go bio-based?’, Dr Mark Gronnow, Process Development Unit Manager, Biorenewables Development Centre (BDC)
- ‘Introducing CyreneTM at scale – the sustainable, safe, bio-based solvent that outperforms NMP and other SVHC solvents’, Dr Sarah Hickingbottom, General Manager new product development, Circa Group
- ‘Bio-based and sustainability trends in the cosmetics sector’, Kirsty Mawhinney, Director, Cosmetics Cluster UK
BioVale Biobased Chemicals Showcase
Hosted by Dr Anna Zhenova, CEO Green Rose Chemistry & BioVale Member
16th September, 11.00 – 12.00 noon
BioVale & Green Rose are showcasing some of the UK’s leading green and bio-based chemicals sector SME and start-up companies in this ‘flash-talk’ session. The presenters will introduce a diverse and innovative range of products, processes and services that offer greener and more sustainable alternatives for the industry.
Showcase Speakers & presentations
- ‘Raw materials – redesigning basic oil properties for better performance of the finished lubricants’. Dr Natalia Stawniak, CEO and Founder Nuspec Oil
- ‘A case study approach to biodegradable, sustainable solutions for separating one entity from another’. Susan Brench, CEO Starbons
- ‘Bringing Biosurfactants to market’. Ben Dolman, CEO Holiferm
- ‘Developing an innovative biomass fractionation process using low-cost ionic liquids’. Krisztina Kovacs-Schreiner, CEO Lixea
- ‘Introduction to Nova Pangaea Technologies and REFNOVA®’. Dr Neil Hindle, CTO Nova Pangaea
- ‘A revolution in environmentally friendly bio-adhesives’.Dr Xiaobin Zhao, CEO Cambond
- ‘Our vision to be the world leader in Acetone-Butanol-Ethanol ABE fermentation’. Mark Simmers, CEO Celtic Renewables
- ‘Fiberight – the waste refinery’. James Marshall, Commercial Manager Fiberight
- ‘Bio-Sep: Clean and green separation of low-value wood chips and plant matter into high-value biochemicals.’ Miranda Lindsay-Fynn, Commercial Director Bio-Sep
- Keracol – ‘The foundation of Keracol Limited is sustainability with performance’. Dr Meryem Benohoud, Technical Director Keracol
Find out more about the businesses that we are showcasing.
15–16 September 2021