Biomethane as transport fuel
Date: 24th November
Price: Free of charge
Venue: The Lodge, Leeming Bar
A half-day workshop considering the opportunities, risks and practicalities around the use of biomethane for transport in the light of imminent consultation on the Renewable Fuel Transport Obligations (RTFO). The workshop is followed by an optional networking lunch. You can also join a tour of JFS’s Leeming Bar AD facility. Suitable for interested parties including; developers, operators, investors, farmers, local authorities and regulatory bodies.
- 09:30 Coffee and Registration
- 10:00 Welcome and Introductions – BioVale AD SIG
- 10:10 Biomethane policy and market overview – Lucy Hopwood, NNFCC
- 10:30 Gas to grid: Opportunities, risks and practicalities (with regional examples) – John Baldwin, CNG Services
- 10:50 Coffee
- 11:20 The importance of biomethane in decarbonising transport (including Leyland Case Study) – Philip Fjeld, CNG fuels
- 11:40 Biomethane in local fleet transport and filling stations – Will Llewellyn, Red Kite Management
- 12:00 Q & A/Discussion
- 12:30 Networking Lunch
- 13:30 Site visit to Leeming Bar Site
This event is organised by BioVale’s Anaerobic Digestion Special Interest Group (AD SIG). The AD SIG serves those with an interest in the AD sector in the Yorkshire and Humber area.