One of the core expertise in the BioVale team is marketing and communications for the bioeconomy sector. We work with bio-based businesses to increase awareness of their products or processes, this could be developing a communications strategy, writing content for a brochure or a website to offering social media recommendations.
We also support communications for large scale bio-based projects. We are the work package leader and communication and dissemination partner for AgriLoop. An international collaboration between 35 European and Chinese partners to push the frontier of circular agriculture by converting residues into novel economic, social and environmental opportunities for the food and farming sectors. As the UK is no longer part of the EU we have accessed the UKRI Guarantee Scheme for this project.
We were also the communication and dissemination partner for a large EU-funded project called Agrimax. This five-year project (which completed in 2021) has built two ground-breaking pilot plant facilities in Spain and Italy. The project successfully demonstrated how unavoidable crop and food-processing waste can be turned into multiple, high-value bio-based products for the food-ingredients, food-packaging and farming sectors. The Italian pilot plant is based at family-run farm, Chiesa Virginio EC in the North of Italy and is processing waste from tomatoes and cereals to produce bio-based compounds such as lycopene, ferulic acid, cutin, and hydrocompost. The Spanish pilot plant, based at fruit processing company Indulleida, does the same for olive, tomato, cereal and potato waste to produce polyphenols, fibres, proteins and aromas.
Our work on international projects includes;
- Developing key messages, identifying key audiences and channels for communication
- Producing an animation to explain the project (for the Agrimax project we won the award for ‘best example of a video to showcase the bioeconony at the H2020 Bioeconomy Policy Day)
- Writing and disseminating press releases as well as media liaison
- Running social media platforms such as Twitter (for the Agrimax project we won an award from the BBI JU for the social media account with the most twitter followers)
- Producing and editing short video content
- Developing printed materials including display items for exhibitions
If you need communications support to increase awareness of your project or business, please get in touch with the BioVale team.